Lip 17 2019, 1:27pm
SPHERE.IT – SOFTWARE TECH CONFERENCE RULES
6-9 October 2019, Krakow, Poland
- These rules (the Rules) shall set forth terms of organisation and participation in the Sphere.IT – Software Tech Conference to be held in Krakow, Poland, in the Krakow Opera on 6-9 October 2019 (the Conference). The Rules shall apply to all Conference Participants.
- The Conference is organised by Virtus Lab Sp. z o.o. with registered office in Rzeszow, Poland, ul. Zofii Nałkowskiej 23, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court in Rzeszow, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under entry No. KRS 0000349785, Tax Id. No. (NIP) 5170312965, Industry Id. No. (REGON) 180526627.
- The Conference may be attended by natural persons who have reached the age of majority and have full legal capacity, by legal persons and by unincorporated business units which may acquire rights and assume obligations on their own behalf – that have properly applied to participate in the Conference (the Application) and have paid an attendance fee (the Fee), unless they have been released from an obligation to pay the Fee and provided that the maximum number of the Participants (the Participants’ Limit) has not yet been reached.
- The objective of the Conference is to interest programmers, technology enthusiasts and businessmen in the developing potential of the software technology (the Conference Objective).
- Any information concerning the organisation and participation in the Conference is available on the Conference official website: www.sphere.it (the Official Website). The Application shall be filed and the Fee shall be paid via the Eventbrite registration system. A link to the Eventbrite registration system is available on the Official Website in the Get tickets tab. In order to use the Official Website, it is necessary to meet standard technical requirements to connect to the Internet. The Official Website is available through standard browsers, in particular Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The Participant may not submit any illegal content via the Official Website. The use of the Official Website ends as of the moment of leaving the webpage. Complaints concerning the operation of the Official Website shall be filed at the e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Prerequisites for participation in the Conference shall involve:
- filing of the correct Application;
- paying the Fee.
- By filing the Application, the Participant accepts the Rules.
- The Participants’ Limit stands at 600.
- Each Application filed by a legal person or by an unincorporated business unit shall confer the right to only one seat, unless the Fee paid via the Eventbrite registration system points to the fact that the Application covers a greater number of seats.
- Seats are assigned on a first come first served basis and according to a date when the Fee is credited to the Organiser’s account by the Eventbrite registration system, until the Participants’ Limit is reached.
- Once the Participants’ Limit is reached, a seat can be assigned only if another Participant resigns from participation in the Conference.
- The Participant may resign from participation in the Conference. The Organiser shall return the Fee to the Participant who has resigned from participation in the Conference only if a declaration on resignation has been received by the Organiser one month prior to the Conference date at the latest. A declaration on resignation shall be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Participant may decide to replace an individual supposed to participate in the Conference with another one provided that a declaration about such a change is received by the Organiser two days prior to the Conference date at the latest. A declaration about the change shall be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If in spite of the correct filing of the Application and payment of the Fee the Participants’ Limit has been already reached, the Fee shall be promptly returned in full and an individual who has paid the Fee shall be promptly notified that their participation in the Conference shall not be possible.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change speakers and/or a programme, for reasons beyond the Organiser’s control. In such a case, the Participant shall not be entitled to any compensation or Fee reimbursement, unless mandatory rules of law provide otherwise.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the Conference date, for reasons beyond the Organiser’s control. If the Participant resigns from participation for this reason, the Organiser shall return the entire Fee to an individual who has paid the Fee. The Organiser shall not reimburse any other costs incurred by the Participant to attend the Conference, unless obliged to do so by mandatory rules of law.
- The Participant may be asked by the Organiser to present Fee payment confirmation generated by the Eventbrite registration system (i.e. the Ticket). If the Participant fails to present the Ticket, the Organiser may prevent them from attending the Conference.
- The Organiser shall provide the Participant with an ID with the Participant’s name, surname and additional data submitted via a QR code, i.e. an name, surname and e-mail address (the ID). During the Conference, the Participant is obliged to keep the ID in a visible spot, for example attached to their clothes. The Organiser may ask the Participant to present their ID. The Organiser may prevent the Participant from attending the Conference if the Participant fails to present the ID, in particular when it is impossible to identify the Participant.
- Participation in the Conference is available against payment, unless the Organiser has released the Participant from an obligation to pay the Fee.
- The Participant shall pay the Fee via the Eventbrite registration system.
- Fee rates, Ticket types and payment methods are specified in the Eventbrite registration system.
- Upon the payment of the Fee, the Participant shall receive the Ticket generated by the Eventbrite registration system.
- Payment made for participation in the Conference of a third party shall concurrently represent confirmation that an individual who has paid the Fee has an authorisation of such a third party to submit any necessary representations and provide information in order to satisfy requirements of the Rules.
- The Fee shall not include costs of road, railway or air transport, board and accommodation.
[Use of the Participants’ Image, Voice and Statements]
- The Organiser may photograph and film the course of the Conference in order to broadcast it in mass media (TV, radio, Internet, press) or for the Organiser’s documentation, promotion or advertising purposes.
- By participating in the Conference, the Participants agree to recording, use and/or distribution by the Organiser of an image, voice or statements of each of the Participants in any promotional and marketing materials, without any time and territorial restrictions.
- By participating in the Conference, the Participants agree for any photos, video clips or recordings made during the Conference to be posted on the Official Website or on another website managed by the Organiser and to be used in any promotional materials, which shall also include audio or visual dissemination thereof.
- The Participants shall not seek any claims – in particular any claims concerning remuneration – related to the use of their image, voice or statements for the Organiser’s documentation, promotion or advertising purposes, including in particular by means of posting them on the Official Website or another website managed by the Organiser and by means of their use in any promotional materials, which shall also include audio or visual dissemination thereof. The Participants shall not be entitled to any remuneration.
[Personal Data Protection]
- The Organiser shall be a controller of personal data of the Participants and of individuals who have filed the Application and paid the Fee on behalf of the Participants.
- The controller has engaged Eventbrite, Inc., 155 5th Street, Floor 7, San Francisco, CA 94103, US, Reg. No. 4742147 to further process the personal data. Eventbrite is a party to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Personal data may be processed also by other entities that render services for the controller, including financial settlement, property and personal security, accounting, legal, advisory, consulting, archiving or IT services.
- The personal data are processed in order to organise, hold and account for the Conference.
- The personal data are processed pursuant to Art. 6.b of the GDPR in order to organise and hold the Conference; pursuant to Art. 6.a – to place the Participant’s additional data on their ID, including via a QR code; and pursuant to Art. 6.c of the GDPR – to account for the Conference (invoices and payments).
- The personal data are processed for a period from the Application date to the Conference end date. Some personal data may be processed also upon the lapse of this period, if it is necessary in connection with any Conference related claims or for settlement purposes.
- The Participant has the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data, the right to data portability as well as to restriction of processing. The Participant may withdraw their consent to placing their additional data on the ID, which shall not affect the compliance with law of the processing performed based on the consent prior to its withdrawal. If consent is not given or is withdrawn, this shall result in the anonymization of the additional data on the ID.
- The Participant has the right to file a complaint with the President of the Polish Personal Data Protection Office if they consider that the personal data are processed by the controller in breach of applicable laws.
- The personal data have to be provided in order to conclude and perform an agreement with the Participant (governing their participation in the Conference), and failure to provide them might prevent the Participant from attending the Conference.
- The controller does not perform any automated decision-making or profiling activities with regard to the Participants’ personal data.
- If the Participant breaches the Rules, applicable laws or rules of social coexistence, the Organiser may prevent the Participant from attending the Conference and request of the Participant to leave the premises where the Conference is held.
- The Participants shall be liable for any damage inflicted by them.
- The Organiser can be contacted at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules, in compliance with applicable laws.
- The Conference is not open to the public and does not represent a mass event within the meaning of the Polish Mass Events Safety Act of 23 March 2009.
- In any issues not governed herein, generally applicable Polish laws shall apply.
- Any disputes potentially arising in connection with the Application or the Participant’s attendance at the Conference shall be settled by a court competent for the Organiser’s registered office.
- The Rules come into force on 01.07.2019.